International Media Cultural Work presents:
The Digital Self
– Pathways to a new Ecology of the Senses.
Exhibition from May 30th until June 30th 2019
Museum Schloss Fechenbach
Eulengasse 8, 64807 Dieburg
Vernissage: May 29th, 19.00 Museum Schloss Fechenbach, Dieburg
On May 29th, we will inaugurate our newest exhibition, called
The Digital Self – Pathways to a New Ecology of the Senses. Its concept revolves around the expression of self and our relationship with it in the digital ecology. It will let visitors explore the expression and the excitement of the senses through digital media.
In this exhibition you will be able to experience the following artworks:
1. Philip Caligagan with “Big Foot Prints”:
A live action short film with 2D animated elements.
2. Isabella Roscher & Natalie Eberle with “Arôme – Dating der Zukunft?”: Arduino Installation with Virtual Reality combined with Skin Interface.
3. Diego Ernesto Arandia Cardozo with “Parallel Realities Splitter”:
Media Sculpture / Installation.
4. Diana Rivas & Maria Camila Muñoz with “Ananké”: Fulldome movie.
5. Safaa Mahmoud with “I Am Not what you Think I Am”:
Virtual Reality video, originally created for Fulldome.
6. Leon Arndt with “Mish Mash”: Interactive community drawing game.
7. Ramiro Cotarelo with “Snap, drop and roll”:
Video of Face Filters (also known as AR camera effects) performance.
8. Lis Neves & Frederick Schönenfeld with “preexistent nonexistence coexisting”: Media Sculpture / Installation / Audiovisual.
9. Sergiy Ptushkin with “Quod Symbiotic”: Media Sculpture / Installation.
10. Exhibition Design Group with “Petrischale”: Closed Circuit Installation.
11. Amani Maache with “Ammanote”: Poetry and Imagery.
We kindly invite you to visit
The Digital Self – Pathways to a New Ecology of the Senses.
at Museum Schloss Fechenbach, from May 30th, until June 30th. #thedigitalself #mediaart
The exhibition is organised by students of the Masters’ program “International Media Cultural Work” of the University of Applied Sciences, Darmstadt, in collaboration with the Museum Schloss Fechenbach in Dieburg.
Curatorial supervision by: Prof. Sabine Breitsameter,
Klaus Schüller M.A. and Aleksandar Vejnovic M.A.
Vernissage: May 29th, 19.00
Finissage and Award Ceremony of the Newcomer Award
(Nachwuchspreises Medienkultur der Stadt Dieburg): June 30th 2019
Accompanying the exhibition, an exhibition catalogue will be published.
– Free entrance –